Announcing the 5th ANNUAL SCH AMATEUR BREWING CHAMPIONSHIP!
RESULTS ARE HERE!
DATE: November 10th, 2012?
LOCATION: Appalachian Brewing Company (50 W. 3rd Avenue, Collegeville, PA)
• Open to anyone
• All BJCP Beer, Mead and Cider categories (1-28)?
• Online registration only this year! REGISTER HERE!
• Entries must be registered AND dropped off/received by 11/1/2012
• Be sure to print a paper entry form for the bottle labels!
• Judges and stewards can register here.
• $6 per entry
• Payment is made through the registration software*
o *Paypal is preferred, but checks are acceptable with the approval of the competition organizer - please contact at the time of registration, and make checks payable to "Stoney Creek Homebrewers."
• Submit two 10-16 ounce bottles per entry.
• A bottle ID form must be attached to each bottle with a rubber band, and a completed entry form and payment must received prior to 11/1/2012.
• Bottles may be brown, clear or green glass, and must be free of any labels, raised glass designs, etched logos, or other identifying marks. Swing tops are acceptable.
• Entries which do not meet these requirements may be disqualified.
• After online registration is complete, deliver your entries to the locations listed below.
• Drop off entries will be accepted from 10/18/2012 through 11/1/2012 at these drop off locations.
o Artisan Homebrew – Downingtown, PA
o Brew Your Own Beer - Havertown, PA
o Home Sweet Homebrew – Philadelphia, PA
o Keystone Homebrew Supply – Montgomeryville, PA
o Keystone Homebrew Supply – Bethlehem, PA
o Round Guys Brewing Co. – Lansdale, PA
o Weak Knee Home Brew Supply – Pottstown, PA
o Wine, Barley & Hops – Feasterville, PA
• Mail In entries will be accepted from 10/18/2012 through 11/1/2012.
o Mail to:
SCH-ABC Attn: Erik Walp.
3519 Conrad St. 2nd Floor.
Philadelphia, PA 19129
• Late entries will only be accepted at the discretion of the competition organizer.
• Medals (gold, silver, and bronze) will be given to the top three entries in each judging category, unless the judges determine that fewer will be given. BOS Winner will receive a personalized commemorative stein. An additional award will include a prize for the “Longest-Distance Entry.”
• SCH-ABC is open to all home brewers, and we will be accepting entries from all BJCP-recognized beer, cider, and mead categories.
• All beers or meads must be non-commercial in nature and produced at home (no “Brew on Premises” entries).
• The entry fee is $6 per entry.
• Categories and subcategories may be combined for judging purposes, however beers or meads will be judged according to the category/subcategory in which they are entered. The style guidelines for each category and subcategory are available at the BJCP website.
• It is the responsibility of the brewer to decide and indicate on the entry form the appropriate category and sub-category for their entry.
• Depending on the number of entries and category distribution, categories and subcategories may be combined or separated for judging and awards purposes. These judging table breakdowns will not be available prior to the competition and will be determined by the competition committee once all entries have been processed.
• Any disputes that arise before, during or after the competition will be settled by the competition committee.
• Judges and Stewards who plan on attending may bring their entries with them provided the registration is received by the deadline.
• All Judges and Stewards are requested to arrive by 8:45AM. Results will be announced as soon as Best of Show results are in (approx. 5:00PM).
• Brewer feedback is the primary purpose of SCH-ABC. Your score sheets will be returned to you shortly after the contest. Please do not send an SASE with your entry.
Download the 2008 Full BJCP Style Guidelines
• If you would like to be a Judge or Steward, please contact Bryon Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• All other comments and questions can be directed to the Competition Organizer, Erik Walp, at email@example.com.
The Stoney Creek Homebrewers are proud to announce that they will host the 5th Annual Stoney Creek Homebrewers Amateur Brewing Championship (SCH-ABC) on November 10th, 2012! Over the past few years the number of entries has increased dramatically, and our competition committee has handled it beautifully - results were posted on our website within two hours, score sheets were available for pick-up that evening and those who could not do so were sent theirs the next mail day, and prizes and medals were delivered within 10 days.
We take our stewardship responsibilities seriously, and an entrant into SCH-ABC can be assured of good treatment of their beer and prompt delivery of results, generated by some of the best judges in the region. We are also the final event in the Eastern Pa. Homebrewer of the Year (EPHY) competition - get those last-minute points to put yourself in the running, or at least win the bragging rights of being the top finisher in your club!
The competition will provide several services to participants. First and foremost, it will function as a feedback vehicle for homebrewers of all skill levels. Second, it will provide a venue for competition as part of a series of fall competitions in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Third, it will provide an opportunity for local judges to earn additional points towards advanced recognition. Fourth, it will provide a vehicle for expanding the public interest in and recognition of homebrewing, the AHA, the BJCP, and SCH. Last but not least, it will generate support for a local charity. $1 from every entrant will be donated to the Pottstown Public Library, as will any additional sponsorship funds!
Participation is open to all homebrewers without restriction or prohibition as to location, club membership, or skill level. New brewers are welcome and encouraged to submit entries, and special awards will be given for new brewers. SCH will also encourage long-distance entries by offering a special award for the beer submitted from the longest distance.
All BJCP-recognized styles of beer, mead and cider are eligible.
Competition Guidelines and Entry Requirements:
Stoney Creek Homebrewers Amateur Brewing Championship (SCH-ABC) is an American Homebrewers Association sanctioned competition and provides you an opportunity to have your homemade beer, cider, and mead evaluated by BJCP registered judges. Prizes and awards will be given for beers placing first, second, and third in each category, and for Best of Show. The 2008 revision of the BJCP guidelines will be used for this event. Judges and stewards should arrive by 8:45AM. We plan to announce the winners of SCH-ABC and make presentations of awards at 5:00PM. The exact time will depend on the number of entries and judges. The actual competition is not open to spectators, but please feel free to stop by and have a pint while awaiting the results!
SPONSORSHIPS AND DONATIONS:
In addition to spreading the word about the joys, technical challenges, and spirited competition of the art of homebrewing, we will be supporting a local charity, The Pottstown Library.
We are proud to be working with this group, and we are aiming high with the 5th Annual SCH-ABC. We will be holding a Beer Judge Certification Program sanctioned event, adhering to the best practices of the homebrewing community, in which we are expecting over 300 entries. We are asking for donations in-kind for category prizes (anything from T-shirts to gift certificates, brewing equipment to books), or if you would like to support the library more directly, sponsorships at the Pint (up to $100), Keg ($250), or Barrel ($500+) levels. Your donation whether in cash or in-kind will be 100% tax deductible, as the Friends of the Pottstown Library is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit entity, and you will be supporting a valuable community resource.
For sponsorship information, please contact Bill McGeeney at firstname.lastname@example.org!